Calixthe Beyala : performances of migration /
As the most successful female writer from Francophone Africa, Calixthe Beyala occupies an unusual place in French literary and popular culture. Her novels are bestsellers, and she appears regularly on French television and radio, yet her reputation has in recent years been tarnished by allegations o...
Liverpool University Press,
|Series:||Contemporary French and francophone cultures ;
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : a postcolonial phenomenon
- 1. Calixthe Beyala incorporated?
- 2. Invented authenticities
- 3. Migrating subjectivities
- 4. 'Afro-francaise' : in-between or out of sync?
- 5. Performing identities
- Conclusion : survival in a post-exotic age.