Personalities and products : a historical perspective on advertising in America /
Westport, Conn. :
|Series:||Contributions to the study of mass media and communications ;
no. 53. |
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Advertising in colonial America
- The first advertising agents
- How P.T. Barnum helped change the course of advertising
- Advertising patent medicine : the rise of Lydia Pinkham
- John Wanamaker and his influence on retail advertising
- Albert Lasker and the Lord and Thomas advertising agency
- Procter & Gamble and advertising cleanliness : the first 100 years
- The Springs Cotton Mills advertising campaign of the late 1940s and early 1950s.