Wrestling with an angel : power, morality, and jewish identity /
Drawing on historiography, philosophy, social commentary ideological tracts and belles lettres, Ehud Luz explores the ways that Zionist attitudes toward sovereignty were shaped by their Judaic heritage, in particular the prophetic literature and the halakhic (legal) tradition.
New Haven :
Yale University Press,
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Identity and National Ethos
- Part One: The Will to Power
- Part Two: The Moral Price of Sovereignty
- Part Three: Power and Jewish Identity in Israeli Public Discourse
- Conclusion: Politics in Israel as a Test of Judaism.