Traveling south : travel narratives and the construction of American identity /
Athens, Ga. :
University of Georgia Press,
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Representing America : the American as traveler in the work of J. Hector St. John de Crèvecoeur and William Bartram
- Moving slaves : Frederick Douglass, Solomon Northup, and the politics of travel in antebellum America
- Domestic travel : the narratives of Fanny Kemble and Harriet Jacobs
- Yeomen all : Frederick Law Olmsted and the consolidation of the American economy and culture
- Tourists with guns (and pens) : Union soldiers and the Civil War South.