Scripting the Black masculine body : identity, discourse, and racial politics in popular media /
"Scripting the Black Masculine Body traces the origins of Black body politics in the United States and its contemporary manifestations in popular cultural productions. From early blackface cinema through contemporary portrayals of the Black body in hip-hop music and film, Ronald L. Jackson II e...
State University of New York Press,
|Series:||SUNY series, negotiating identity.
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Origins of Black body politics
- Scripting the Black body in popular media : exploring process
- Black masculine scripts
- "If it feels this good gettin' used" : exploring the hypertext of sexuality in Hip-Hop music and pimp movies
- Toward an integrated theory of Black masculinity
- Epilogue : the revolution will not be televised.