Revolution and the word : the rise of the novel in America /
New York :
Oxford University Press,
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : toward a history of texts
- The book in the new republic
- Ideology and genre
- Literacy, education, and the reader
- Commodity and communication : the first American novel
- Privileging the Feme covert : the sociology of sentimental fiction
- The Picaresque and the margins of political discourse
- Early American gothic : the limits of individualism
- Afterword : texts as histories.