Domesticity, imperialism, and emigration in the Victorian novel /
University of Missouri Press,
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Angels at Home: Contested Sites of Domestic and Imperialistic Ideology
- Ch. 1. Storm Cloud over England and Blue Skies in Canada: Industrialization, Empire, and the Pastoral in Gaskell
- Ch. 2. "Rogue's Paradise" or Honest Man's Arcady: Anthony Trollope's Australia and the Preservation of Home
- Ch. 3. "Nowhere" in New Zealand: Samuel Butler's Erewhonian Women
- Ch. 4. American Women and English Angles in Dickens, Reade, Trollope, and Thackeray.