Fashionable nihilism : a critique of analytic philosophy /
"Thoreau wrote that we have professors of philosophy but no philosophers. Can't we have both? Why doesn't philosophy hold a more central place in our lives? Why should it? Eloquently opposing the analytic thrust of philosophy in academia, noted pluralist philosopher Bruce Wilshire ans...
State University of New York Press,
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Machine generated contents note:
- Nihilistic Consequences of Analytic Philosophy
- "The Ph. D Octopus": William James's Prophetic Grasp of the Failures of Academic Professionalism
- Pluralist Rebellion in the American Philosophical Association
- Phenomenology in the United States
- Nature or Nurture?: The Significance of Indigenous Thought
- Conceptual Problems in Grasping Genocide
- Henry Bugbee: Philosopher of Intimacy
- William James on the "Spiritual"
- Looking for Bek.