Developing intercultural competence in practice /
It is now widely recognised that learning a language should not just involve linguistic competence but also intercultural competence. It is also clear that intercultural competence can be developed through related subjects such as geography, history, mother tongue teaching. This book takes this as a...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
Clevedon, England ; Buffalo, N.Y. :
|Series:||Languages for intercultural communication and education ;
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- The international partnership program / Carol Morgan
- Teaching intercultural communicative competence through literature / Eva Burwitz-Melzer
- 'Up the hills of identity' / Elena Tarasheva and Leah Davcheva
- Visual codes and modes of presentation of television news broadcasts / Maria Metodieva Genova
- An approach to implementing a cultural studies syllabus / Iskra Georgieva
- 'Family life' and 'regional identity'
- comparative studies while learning French / Sylvia Duffy and Janet Mayes
- 'It must be cultural because I don't do it' : cultural awareness in initial TESOL teacher education / Mary Williams
- Virtual intercultural competence : a programme for Japanese elementary school students / Lynne Parmenter and Yuichi Tomita
- Students as virtual ethnographers : exploring the language culture-connection / Sheila Carel
- Working in tandem : an Anglo-French project / Clare Dodd
- New tools for old tricks : information and communication technology in teaching British cultural studies / Paul Whittaker
- Tandem learning as an intercultural activity / Jane Woodin
- 'Why do Danes put their elderly in nursing homes?'
- working outside the classroom with adult second language learners / Judith Parsons and Peter Junge
- Cultural understanding in Danish schools / Leon Aktor and Karen Risager
- 'I thought my teacher fancied me' / Tanya Madjarova, Magdalena Botsmanova and Tanya Stamatova
- British and Bulgarian Christmas cards : a research project for students / Krassimira Topuzova
- Study of landscapes as an approach to openness to others / Françoise Vigneron.