Waking Sleeping Beauty : feminist voices in children's novels /
Iowa City :
University of Iowa Press,
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Defining the feminist children's novel
- Subverting stereotypes : rejecting traditional gender roles
- Subjectivity as a gender issue : metaphors and intertextuality
- Transforming feminine silence : pro/claiming female voices
- Re/constructing the female writer : subjectivity in the feminist Künstlerroman
- Female interdependency : literal and metaphoric sisterhood
- Refuting Freud : mother/daughter relationships
- Metafiction and the politics of identity : narrativity, subjectivity, and community
- Afterword : Feminist pedagogy and children's literature.