Documents the history and achievements of African Americans during the Civil Rights era. Profiles the contributions of Black men and women who worked for civil rights and racial equality. Examines discrimination in education and the outcome of the Brown v. Board of Education case. Highlights the acc...
|Other Authors:||, , , ,|
|Format:||Electronic Video Video|
New York, N.Y. :
Ambrose Video Pub.,
|Series:||A History of Black achievement in America ;
|Online Access:||Available via Ambrose Video|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1950 : Ralph Bunche Wins the Nobel Peace Prize
- 1950 : Gwendolyn Brooks becomes the first Black recipient of the Pulitzer Prize
- 1954 : Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas
- 1955 : Rosa Parks refuses to give up her seat to a white passenger on a Montgomery bus
- 1956 : Althea Gibson, first Black woman to win a Tennis Grand Slam event
- 1959 : Lorraine Hansberry's Play 'A Raisin in the Sun is produced
- 1963 : Martin Luther King Jr. delivers his "I Have a Dream" speech.